Join now - be part of our community!

XR-55X90J AND cam module

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

XR-55X90J AND cam module

Hi,

In September I bought  Sony XR-55X90J and installed a cam card in the cam module. A day after I got artifacts and picture distortion on almost all channels (I got around 50) 

I contacted Sony support and after a couple of days with factory reset and discussion about my cam card, Sony suppott suggested I wait for a specific firmware update for my TV only that should solve my problem. I waited 10 days and contacted Sony support for an update. Answer was I should use the HD app that came with the latest firmware update. I checked and this firmware was only for Germany. I called Sony and told them. They would call me back. In the meantime I contacted seller and told about the problem, and they suggested to return the TV and get my money back.

I called seller and told them if I could get a replacement of the same TV, and they said yes.

A week later I got my replacement - a brand new TV.

I installed the CAM card reader and 2 days later same problems with the new TV. I called my TV provider end they sent me a new card and reader. Same problem.

I was very frustrated and my conclusion was that this TV model have issues with CAM.

I ordered a  set top box from my provider - and guess what.....no problems. So now I am 100 % sure this model have issues with CAM. I can see that other users have the same issue in this forum. Sony must do something about it and fix it. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DK.title
klpeter51
Explorer

Finally, it's here: Firmware update version 6.5660
It fixes the dreaded CAM pixelation problem and lots of other good stuff.
I have just downloaded it on my XR-55A90J TV and it seems to be working perfectly :slight_smile:

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.RO.title
Adrian.nr1
Explorer

I have the same problem on my tv 65Xh9096 with Cam module.

1 year it was fine,the problem is about 1 month ago.

I know at least 3 people who have the same problem at the same tv model (65Xh9096) so i think is a software problem.

Sony do something for yours clients!!!!!

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, this was Sony's official reply:

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your Sony TV. We have escalated your case to our technical team for further investigation. As our engineers are still investigating this issue, we cannot provide any further information at the moment. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. We will be in touch with you as soon as we receive any further updates.

No date for the update yet.

profile.country.RO.title
Petru0k
New

Same problem. A month ago, after the last update I noticed all my HD channels were flickering and scrambling. Removing the smart cam solved the problem but can't see HBO now. Sweet. Sony please fix it!

profile.country.DK.title
klpeter51
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem with my XR-55A90J. It has been working fine for more many months and then the image began to distort sometime in December 2021. If I remove the CA-Module everything is fine.

I contacted Sony Support Denmark this weekend and got this reply:
Sony acknowledges the problem that has been reported by several users of this TV model. Their engineers are working on a solution and they promise to get back to me when they have found a fix/solution.

So for now, we can't do anything but hope for a speedy fix.

profile.country.DK.title
klpeter51
Explorer

I was getting impatient, so I've just been in contact with Sony Support Denmark. They said that there is an update being rolled out in mid-February, if all goes as planned. Hopefully it will fix our super annoying problem.

profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

Thank you very much for your help. I'm looking forward to the update. It has been very annoying with this issue. It's like having a TV that is broken. I would really like to get rid of a box and use the TV with CAM . It's much better and makes the experience better.

I've had issues since I began updating this model. 1 example is when I hit the settings button it sends me to home page and not settings. I have to  hit settings once more to get to settings. This began after the first update (September 2021). I really hope Sony will fix this as well with the new update.

But anyways....biggest problem first with the CAM. 

Thank you again for your help :slight_smile: 

profile.country.DK.title
klpeter51
Explorer

Yeah, I can confirm the settings issue. I have that as well. But it is a minor annoyance compared to the CAM problem. That one is like you say, like having a broken TV that you paid a lot of money for. I really hope they'll get it fixed.

profile.country.DK.title
klpeter51
Explorer

Finally, it's here: Firmware update version 6.5660
It fixes the dreaded CAM pixelation problem and lots of other good stuff.
I have just downloaded it on my XR-55A90J TV and it seems to be working perfectly :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
emsir64

Hi!

I'm just downloading the update.....This is awesome! Thank you for your help!