Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Kdl W755 software an fw crash, error 2123

SOLVED
tmarko
Explorer

Sony Kdl W755 software an fw crash, error 2123

Hi to all, im having problems updating my w755. When i want to update android software im always stuck on 88% and having error 2123 (An error occurred during the software update, . The update server in temporarily unavailable. Please try again later Error: 2123). Ive tried several time, over cable, wifi, nothing. Always stuck on 88%. Same thing with fw, ive downloaded fw from sony site, connect usb to tv, the fw starts to copying and again on 88% tv restarts. So if anybody nows how to resolve this, please help! Thanks!

225 REPLIES 225
guruci
Explorer

KDL 50W 685 

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive sent you a PM with some instructions.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

guruci
Explorer

Thanks

tried on fat32 and ntfs stick too, but the tv starts normally, it appear that usb is connected, but update not start

Have you any idea why ?

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you try another USB port?  Also, is the file on the root of the USB drive?

guruci
Explorer

It has only one USB port, and yes i copied to the root of the disk

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try reloading the firmware once again, just in case.  But if that still doesnt work, Unfortunately i can only request that you contact Sony support.  the instructions i sent seems to work for most people, but for some reason not everyone.  

See:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/contact

Sorry :cry:

stevenj36
Explorer

Hi,

Sorry to hijack the thread but you seem really helpful!

I am having issues updating the software on my KD-49X8005C.  I just bought it on Saturday and it seemed to set up OK (Channels all there, works well with Sky, Netflix working etc) but when I tried to access things like Prime Instant Video and other streaming services like ITV, Channel 4 etc it said a software update is required.

When attempting the update, I get up to 93% and then it fails, every time.  This happens on both WIFI and ethernet.  I did attempt it also on USB (formatted it to FAT32) but although I get a little gray box saying USB Device is connected, I can find no way to access the USB device from the remote control buttons and I have tried them all!

I am currently running Software Version: PKG2.287.0010EUB if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

SJ

guruci
Explorer

Put the update file on stick with directory, not in root,

Sent from my iPhone
zSoLesz5000
Explorer

Hi!

I have the same issue with my 50w755 i bought it today, but i cannot install the update even from USB the tv recognizes the update starting to copy and after a second its restarting..

Could you please tell me the solution too?

Regards,

Zsolt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sent you a PM with the instructions.  It seems to work for most, but for some reason not all.  Let me know how you get on.

Cheers