Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-43X8309C - All programme channels disappeared, YouView non-functional

profile.country.GB.title
SonyBoloney
Explorer

Sony Bravia KD-43X8309C - All programme channels disappeared, YouView non-functional

After having watched various events on YouTube I switched off the TV, as usual. After switching back on, next day the screen was blank and no TV channels are available no matter which options are used on the remote control. None of the available YouView icons produce the desired result and the only button that reveals anything remotely useful is the 'HOME' button.

After contacting SONY Support, I was provided with a download link to update my software to version 5.435 and it appears that they assumed this would resolve the issue but there's obviously more work to be done to rectify it and I still await further support.

Does anyone please have any information that could prove beneficial to my current predicament?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
SonyBoloney
Explorer

Still no further contact received from the so-called 'Sony Support' team so I called them instead. As I suspected, a 'Factory Data reset' was the recommendation. Having little to lose, I duly obliged and carried out the affirmative action.

RESULT...!! TV now back up and running...... but for how long?? 

profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi SonyBoloney, 

Sounds like this has been frustrating but that it's sorted now since the reset? 

Cheers,

Pascale