Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia and a humax

profile.country.GB.title
bettwsbarn
Explorer

Sony Bravia and a humax

I have just bought a new sony Bravia kd43x8305cbu television with 4k,. I have an old Humax pvr9300t box.

Can I safely connect the two together as I was told I should buy a new Humax.

Also do I need to use a Humax box to record programmes to watch later?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I can see no reason why you cant connect the Humax to the TV.  My understanding is that it connects via SCART, RCA or HDMI.  Just bare in mind that you cant output HD via SCART or RCA, so use HDMI instead.  

However this forum has identified that some Humax boxes cause issues when connected via HDMI.  If this is the case, all you need to do is purchase a CEC-less adaptor.

You can connect a HDD directly onto the TV to record programs, but you will need to disable YouView in order to do so.  See HERE for more info.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
bettwsbarn
Explorer

Many thanks for this.

My humax was connected to my old tv using a Scart connection. Would this be O.K. do you think

Many thanks

profile.country.GB.title
drewatthemovies
Explorer

Hi,yes,we recently bought a bravia KD-55x8509C 4K,3D TV.,it's partnered with an old style Humax.The picture is awful as any lack in picture quality is magnified x 4K of course.So we'll be buying a new Humax.As for your other quiery,our new TV.has two tuners to allow recording onto USB,memory sticks/external hard-drives.I'm still trying to work out that one!.Hope I've been of help to you.                     Andrew.

profile.country.GB.title
bettwsbarn
Explorer

Yes it was very helpful.

Many Thanks

Paul