Join now - be part of our community!

See FaceTime on Bravia tv from iphone

profile.country.GB.title
kenneve
New

See FaceTime on Bravia tv from iphone

Having trouble seeing a FaceTime call, on my recently purchased KD43XH8096 TV, using AirPlay, from my Iphone

Image comes up on the TV in portrait mode and cannot be turned to landscape mode, resulting in a smaller image, than expected

Really need a system, whereby the iPhone automatically switches the TV to pick up the FaceTime call, without having to alter any settings, on receipt of the FaceTime call.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You cannot do it better also on an apple tv, why do you expect on a Sony TV? https://www.howtogeek.com/344324/how-to-facetime-on-your-apple-tv/

regarding portrait or landscape vision, I cannot state it for sure on iPhone, but on android you just have to turn your smartphone to switch the view also on the TV

profile.country.GB.title
kenneve
New

Many thanks for your reply, I must say I’m still confused.
I’m not sure about apple TV’s but my Ipad image rotates to suit the Iphone.
Looking at the video in your reply some of the screenshots are in Landscape format.

If I mirror a portrait Iphone image to the TV, then it appears on the TV in portrait to match.
If I then turn the Iphone to landscape the TV image does not rotate to suit, but stays in portrait mode with the image turned sideways??
Quite obviously I’m doing something wrong.

Is there any difference between Mirroring and Airplay in this respect?

Just to be clear, I can play photos and videos from the Iphone to the TV without any problem
I am expecting to see a full screen Facetime image (when taken in landscape mode) on the TV similar to when using an Ipad.

I’ve been using Sony TV’s since the days of the first 18” colour set in a wooden cabinet!, (probably before your time) and have always regarded them as the best available, looks like I may be disappointed if this set can’t do what I expect.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards Ken Toone

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

My tv doesn't have native airplay protocol so I cannot test it by myself but using android mirroring if I put my smartphone in landscape it stays the same on the tv. Just playing remotely the facetime time app on the tv maybe different but in any case it depends on apple software why do you blame sony? Maybe you should check on apple support if there is any restriction or workaround