Join now - be part of our community!

Prime 4k content finding & playing

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Prime 4k content finding & playing

finding it is now a right PITA, has anyone discovered an easy way to find content

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

i also have the same problem on my kd65-zd9 wheni go on to the home page of prime i have to scroll through 19 menus till i reach INCLUDED WITH PRIME TV GENRES the first one on that menu is prime 4k ultra hd hope this helps

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Hmm I have a 200mb connection so speed is certainly not the issue.

@dutchice wrote:

Hi Prior20,

Your question has been asked and answered frequently here. You could find good responses by searching the forum.

To answer your question, the Prime Video app executes Internet connection tests at startup. They also test various factors on the quality of your connection in the background such as network access, latency and throughput speed. If the results don't satisfy their minimum requirements for streaming UHD content, the Prime Video app will automatically refrain from suggesting UHD content, as well as defaulting back to HD content in the event you select a native UHD content for playback. This behaviour is not a fault but implemented by design through Amazon.

The suggestion is to upgrade your Internet connection to at least 40 mbps and connect your playback device using a wired connection as oppose to a wireless connection.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

@dutchice wrote:

Hi Prior20,

Your question has been asked and answered frequently here. You could find good responses by searching the forum.

To answer your question, the Prime Video app executes Internet connection tests at startup. They also test various factors on the quality of your connection in the background such as network access, latency and throughput speed. If the results don't satisfy their minimum requirements for streaming UHD content, the Prime Video app will automatically refrain from suggesting UHD content, as well as defaulting back to HD content in the event you select a native UHD content for playback. This behaviour is not a fault but implemented by design through Amazon.

The suggestion is to upgrade your Internet connection to at least 40 mbps and connect your playback device using a wired connection as oppose to a wireless connection.

Cheers,

Dutchice

This is not correct, I can play the content fine, once I scroll down pages and pages of other stuff to find it, I too believe its Amazon hiding it in an effort to save bandwidth.