Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XF9005 TV Issues

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
dieselakita
Explorer

KD49XF9005 TV Issues

Only had this tv a month I've got 2 issues that are concerning me

1st issue most concerning one HDMI Arc port I've connected my new PlayStation pro to this port and made sure both tv and console settings were correct the issue I'm having is when using the console it seems to randomly lose connection to the port has I'm getting the message at the top of the screen the same one you get when you go to that port sometimes just that message other times with that message I get a black or distorted picture and no sound it only does this for 2 or 3 seconds and randomly I've got a Android box connected to the other port with no issues I've tried it with only the console connected I've tried my older PlayStation 4 in that port and same issue so not the device I've tried different hdmi cables I've tried factory reset but issue remains 

2nd Issue lan internet connection won't stay connected this is so frustrating I don't have a problem with any of my other devices staying connected to the router only the tv trying to solve the problem through the help section is a joke the only way to resolve it is reboot the router I know the android system on the tv's are crap but I knew that when I bought it and don't use any apps on it not even sure the android system as anything to do with it but I do Reilly on the youview for the channel information and this is how I know it's not connected to the internet then by going to home scroll to the bottom and get the ! Icon telling me it's not connected I've tried different lan cable's but still the same issue 

Just a month in with this sony tv and I'm seriously thinking what a mistake I've made getting a Sony tv as I'm not sure were to go from here wether it's a software/firmware issue or a faulty hardware tv issue 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dieselakita
Explorer

UPDATE to this post 

1st issue ended up sending PlayStation pro for repair after receiving it back  I think they changed the HDMI port but can't be certain as I haven't been informed what they actually did other than me contacting them to find out I probably won't get that information 

Once I set it up again I was only then getting the information banner randomly but that's not a issue with the console I've found out it's a very long running issue with the firmware which even after over atleast a year when it was reported as not been resolved but a temporary fix which is to disable the information banner works for me so issue one is kind of solved 

2nd Issue losing connection to the internet after disabling the youview programme guide and using the built in freeview guide not only has that issue gone I've found the tv to be much more responsive like it should be so I can confidently say that issue is resolved 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
dieselakita
Explorer

Now after finding this I'm even more confused wether it's a software/firmware or console or TV issue and it's been a issue for well over a year for a lot of people it's a disgrace will it ever be resolved probably not because it seems like Sony don't care one bit

profile.country.GB.title
dieselakita
Explorer

UPDATE to this post 

1st issue ended up sending PlayStation pro for repair after receiving it back  I think they changed the HDMI port but can't be certain as I haven't been informed what they actually did other than me contacting them to find out I probably won't get that information 

Once I set it up again I was only then getting the information banner randomly but that's not a issue with the console I've found out it's a very long running issue with the firmware which even after over atleast a year when it was reported as not been resolved but a temporary fix which is to disable the information banner works for me so issue one is kind of solved 

2nd Issue losing connection to the internet after disabling the youview programme guide and using the built in freeview guide not only has that issue gone I've found the tv to be much more responsive like it should be so I can confidently say that issue is resolved