Join now - be part of our community!

KD49X8005C - Best Picture Setup

pauparso
Explorer

KD49X8005C - Best Picture Setup

Has anyone had any luck with the best display settings for this TV?

I have had the TV for 2 months now and been reasonably happy with it (apart from the android bugs)

I watch mainly live football and tv series, but I can't seem to get an ideal picture.  'Standard' is truly awful for example.

I currently have the tv in 'cinema pro' and tweaked some of the advanced settings (turning off motion etc) which is great for normal tv, but when watching football, the colours are not as vibrant as I would like (although picture quality is great)

'Live football mode' is the worst thing I have ever seen! So looking for some advice from any other owners

Help would be much appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
mimorga46
Explorer

I have the KD49X8009C and used the set up from the following picture settings video - see link.

Seems OK for my viewing.

https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-kd-43x8305c-x8305c-4k-tv-review.12081

pauparso
Explorer

Thank you, I will try those tonight and let you know how I get on

pauparso
Explorer

Thanks mimorga46, but I tried those settings.  Although the picture quality was nice and crisp, I found the image to be quite dull.  Watching the FA cup game last night on BBC HD, the pitch just didn't seem very green or bright

Ideally if I could get the image as crisp as the above cinema pro settings, but have the colour as vivid as 'standard mode' it would ideal I think, just looking for the right solution as this TV has the potential

Any other help would be much appreciated

profile.country.en_GB.title
mimorga46
Explorer

I know what you mean about a "dull" picture - on occasions. If you use the cinema home setting, (rather than cinema pro), and leave all other settings the same it seems to perk things up a little - worth a try anyway.The ambient lighting level in our room definitely plays a part on my perception of the picture quality so maybe we should expect to make a few minor tweaks to take account of that.

Best regards. Keep fiddling!!