Join now - be part of our community!

KD-65XD7505 YouView not working

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

KD-65XD7505 YouView not working

I recently bought KD-65XD7505 TV and I'm unable to setup YouView. 

As per online information, it should have been already setup and I should simply press 'Guide' button to go into YouView. But it's not. 

I tried to manually setup YouView via app and it fails. No channel found in the scan process. 

Can someone please share how to setup youview. 

Cheers!!!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Hi

Your TV should certainly arrive set up for YouView, and I don't know why it didn't.

Though perhaps you elected to have satellite tuning, which is an either/or with YouView? As you can't have both together.

if you didn't, however, then your TV is slightly awry, and I would recommend a Factory Reset to get it flying straight and level again, and it should return set to the YouView side.

But you don't normally need to do that to get YouView, though it is more than just an App, and so needs a different procedure:-

Home/Settings/Channel settings/YouView settings/Enable will get you into YouView; the same place, and Disable, will return you to the Freeview side of these TVs, where satellite, and recording, are available, but the ITV Hub and All 4, Players that come only with YouView, are not.

Both sides give the BBC iPlayer and My5, however.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. 

Few basic questions:- 

Do I need arieal /antenna cable to TV for YouView? 

Or it simply stream over the internet ?

I have already enabled the YouView. But still its not working. I tried to 'Digital Scanning' as well, but it says 0 service found. 

YouView nerver worked, even the day I bought this TV. 

Personally, I don't like this same solution to all problems - "reset to factory".  I am not going to do this. 

I think I'm at the verge to return this TV. Not a sngle day I have enjoyed it, everytime I watch it something is wrong. You won't expect this after spending such high price for this TV. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes you do need an aerial that is capable of receiving Freeview.  In basic terms YouView is simply another Electronic Programming Guide (EPG) for Freeview with some additional benefits.

Are you able to tune the TV in at all?  Try disabling YouView and re-tune the TV in.  If you cannot, this would indicate either a aerial cable fault or the aerial itself.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
ksrangal
Explorer

I think there is no aerial installed. That could be the reason YouView not working.  

So, I cannot get YouView without aerial? 

If yes, then i need to get it installed. 

Please confirm. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Correct - No freeview aerial = No YouView.  Or Freeview for that matter...

Also see my first post in this thread:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/youview-how-it-works/m-p/2044273

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
satticollins
Explorer

I am getting very frustrated with my new so called "Smart" TV. I cannot watch ITV and Channel 4 on demand as I cannot get Youview to work. Can anyone tell me why? In simple terms please as I am not a techno-phobe.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@satticollins wrote:

I am getting very frustrated with my new so called "Smart" TV. I cannot watch ITV and Channel 4 on demand as I cannot get Youview to work. Can anyone tell me why? In simple terms please as I am not a techno-phobe.

ITYM you are a technophobe, or perhaps that you are not a technophile?

Anyway, what make and model of Smart TV have you got? The KD-65XD7505 is a 2016 set, and so not ‘new’ in any sense of the word, unless it’s ‘new to you’, in which case we need to know where it came from.

And is it a Sony, and if so, is it an Android set, the only ones that have YouView? (We can tell this from the model number, if you don’t know).

And have you got an aerial cable plugged into it? Going to a proper loft or roof terrestrial TV aerial, and plug-in, not screw-in like a cable linked to a satellite dish would be?

If so, have you carried out the terrestrial tuning? If so, how many channels did you get?

There are more questions I could ask, but getting the answers to those will do for the moment.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
satticollins
Explorer

Ah I see my error! Yes, I am a technophobe.
In answer to your questions:
I bought my TV a month ago from Currys
Model KD43XF7596
Yes, its an android but I don't know what that means
No, I don't have an aerial but a cable.
No satellite dish.
I don't know if it makes any difference but my provider is Virgin Media and
I have a Tivo box.
I don't know what terrestrial tuning is but I do have hundreds of channels
most of which I will never watch.
I have managed to watch ITV and Channel 4, On Demand using my Tivo Box.
Do I need You View?
Satti
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Spoiler

@satticollins wrote:
Ah I see my error! Yes, I am a technophobe.
In answer to your questions:
I bought my TV a month ago from Currys
Model KD43XF7596
Yes, its an android but I don't know what that means
No, I don't have an aerial but a cable.
No satellite dish.
I don't know if it makes any difference but my provider is Virgin Media and
I have a Tivo box.
I don't know what terrestrial tuning is but I do have hundreds of channels
most of which I will never watch.
I have managed to watch ITV and Channel 4, On Demand using my Tivo Box.
Do I need You View?
Satti

The F in XF shows it is a 2018 set.

Android is an impossibly clunky TV interface designed by Google; mainly, I think to demonstrate that they have no idea how viewers like to use their TVs. But it does mean you can gets lots of apps for it, even if never quite the ones you actually want.

Without a terrestrial (over the air, thing with all the sticky-out prongs you see on people’s roofs when they haven’t got a satellite dish) aerial, you can’t tune in YouView. Nor Freeview for that matter.

But Virgin is an alternative to these anyway, so no, you don’t need YouView. Best in fact to turn it off, as per the instructions in the FAQ at the top of this forum, and then you can set the TV button on your remote to turn on with the Virgin box, which you can’t in YouView.

The good news is that the people happiest with their Sony TVs seem to be those who use it just as a screen for their external source, like Virgin or Sky, and ignore all the bells that don’t ring and the whistles that don’t blow in the Android interface, and just exploit the gorgeous picture that Sony TVs provide (Sony use LG panels, but get a better picture on them even than LG themselves can).

If you can get hold of an aerial though - maybe just a portable one from that Curry’s, if you are in a strong signal area - and tune in the Freeview channels, you could watch those UKTV channels that got pulled from your Virgin box recently. Or have Virgin and UKTV made it up now?