Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XG9005 with Sonos Beam in HDMI ARC - causes TV to crash & reboot

profile.country.CZ.title
zryzner
Explorer

KD-49XG9005 with Sonos Beam in HDMI ARC - causes TV to crash & reboot

Hello, I'm having following problem with my Sony Android TV - when I turn on the TV after it has been in standby for few hours, the TV works for 5 seconds and then crashes and reboots itself. I've been troubleshooting it for a while and found out that it's caused by Sonos Beam soundbar which is connected to HDMI ARC port. Nothing else is connected to the TV except that and power cable and TV is in factory defaults. Also, the TV had main board replaced due to different issue, but this one remained present. I discussed it with Sonos Support, provided them diag data from the soundbar and they say that the problem is the software of the TV. I collected bug report through the developer mode on the Adroid TV, but sadly that does not record anything prior the reboot, so it does not say why exactly it crashed. I also tried to do it manually via adb using 'adb logcat -L' command which should dump logs prior the reboot but if I issue it after the crash it does not show any logs, just message 'logcat read failure'. Does anyone know if there's a way how to collect data that would show the reason for the crash? Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I think you are doing sonos support work for them. Being that they produce sound product to connect to other brand tv (that is not the opposite ... sony guarantees their own product interoperability) they should not limit themselves to say it is a tv software problem. They should investigate why. IMHO. And if needed they should contact sony ...

profile.country.CZ.title
zryzner
Explorer

Well maybe, I’m not blaming either party and reported the issue to both. Sonos at least looked into it. And sadly, that Sony TV software is bugy, it’s not the only problem I have with it. The TV won‘t stay in standby when you have built-in wifi enabled, keeps rebooting itself every few hours for example. Can hardly blame anyone else but Sony for that.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

That is sony buggy is sonos guess... Sony is less interested to certify any product but If you opened a ticket they probably will look into it 
The tv checking internet is a google service doing it. I do not know what problem this behaviour give you
haziqbani
New

I have exactly the same problem and it annoys me so much. Tried everything but now we got to a point that we just live with it. I.e. we just allow for 5-minute reboot time everytime we want to watch the TV. So annoying and annoyed with both Sony and Sonos to be honest. 

Mad_Macs
New

I had the same issue and came across this fix in the Sonos community site.

This seems to have fixed it for me:

• Turning on IP Simple Control

1. Open Settings

2. Go to Network and Internet

3. Go to Home network

4. Go to IP control

5. Go to Simple IP control

6. Toggle On

profile.country.CZ.title
zryzner
Explorer

Thanks Mad_Macs. I don't see the problem anymore - it work fine now with the TV running Android 9 but I think it was fixed earlier - there was FW update which was still using Android 8 released earlier last year and that seem to have fixed the problem. I had a ticket opened with Sony Support, they said that the update should address the problem.