Join now - be part of our community!

Help connecting Bluetooth controller to 49x8005c

Sony4k2015itsok
Explorer

Help connecting Bluetooth controller to 49x8005c

Hello.

I have the above TV. I'm trying to connect a basic Bluetooth gamepad to play android games on it. 

It will connect via Bluetooth, it says it's connected but it won't control any games. 

Does anyone hence any thoughts or what's going on?   The game pad will connect to all our android phones and work perfectly but I can't get it going on the TV. 

It's a 49x8005c 4k TV.

DSC_0735.JPG

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Not all gamepads/controllers are supported.  See the following thread for more information:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/bluetooth-does-not-discover-devices-to-pair/m-p/2244121/

Having said that, in this thread below, unpairing/re-pairing the controller via bluetooth worked for someone else (although not specific to your controller though)

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/unable-to-play-google-play-games-using-dualshock-sony-bra...

Cheers

Sony4k2015itsok
Explorer

Makes no sense. The pad works on every thing except this tv. Pairs to TV yet doesn't work.  Paired Un paired,  reset the pad and TV.  Nothing. Clearly the pad works.

Certainly not going to spend £45 as directed to Sony help desk to buy a logitec pad to play free TV games.

I wonder if I can return to TV as faulty. Only several months old.

perhaps someone from Sony technical could explain to me the following 

I am an basic end user....... I've a Bluetooth TV and a Bluetooth gamepad.  They won't talk to each other and work.

I know nothing apart from Bluetooth things connect.  How does this not work??????

Far as I am concerned Bluetooth things all connect. Or else what's the point.

What is broken? TV or controller? Which ever is faulty is going back.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV is not faulty or broken, it is functioning as per design.  Sony never claimed to support all bluetooth gamepads/controllers.

See:

https://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/134414/

Cheers

Sony4k2015itsok
Explorer

I don't understand. 

I have a Bluetooth TV. I have a Bluetooth controller. The controller pairs to the TV but won't work. 

Support what exactly do you mean.?? 

It should just connect. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately @Sony4k2015itsok your TV is not a Tablet or Smartphone and it's not exactly Android (it's an Android TV). So not everything that may works on other type of devices can work on a television (whose main scope is different): one example for all you cannot cannot a bluetooth speaker to your TV.

Regarding the specific problem you have, Quinnicus already addressed you to the list of officially supported controllers, all the other are not guaranteed to work

Sony4k2015itsok
Explorer

I don't understand.

Bluetooth controller - Bluetooth TV. 

They should connect. 

If not then there is a huge scam going on.  

This is like saying I have an fm radio but sorry, it can't pick up any signals.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

i think you have got it right since the first post: you have to buy a controller that is certified to work with your tv. 
merry Xmas 
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Sony4k2015itsok wrote:

I don't understand.

Bluetooth controller - Bluetooth TV. 

They should connect. 

If not then there is a huge scam going on.  

This is like saying I have an fm radio but sorry, it can't pick up any signals.

As you described though, they do connect.

Then the TV listens out for 'English', but your controller transmits 'Mandarin Chinese', so to speak, and the TV does not understand it.

A bit like if you took any old remote control and tried to control the TV with it; the sensor on the TV would flicker, but the TV would not respond to the command, because it was not in its list of commands it responds to.

Even with a universal remote, you have to select your TV on it, in some way, before it will work.

Perhaps your controller is the same, and there is a way to teach it 'Sonyspeak'?

It will perhaps be worth looking up the documentation, or asking the manufacturer or supplier, of your controller.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking