Join now - be part of our community!

Freezing and power cyling

profile.country.GB.title
Crooooooky
Explorer

Freezing and power cyling

Omg, my 2 day old kd 65xf9005 has frozen 4 times and I have had to drag out the tv cabinet to get to the plug to physically turn it off... it has run all its firmware updates to the latest etc and it’s wired up via Ethernet on 250meg connections, also amazon prime was stuttering, I wish I had my Samsung back even though that has had 3 LCD screens in a year. 

Quick note, im quite good with android, so I’ve cleared the cache on Sony shelf app and made the background processes a max of 4 via the developer section....  

Can anyone please help..... 

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I would recommend a reset on your TV which should resolve this issue.  More details on how to perform this here.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Itom86

I would advise that you should contact your retailer and return the TV. 

Although the screen is perfect, so you can alternatively buy a good Android/Apple streaming box which has enough processing power to deal with the everyday tasks. As your Sony "smart" TV is not powerful enough. 

Even Android 8.0 won't change that fact...

profile.country.GB.title
Crooooooky
Explorer

are they that bad really 

profile.country.GB.title
Crooooooky
Explorer

hi thanks for replying. 

I did a full reset and it's hard worried using cat 7 high speed cable direct into the virgin 200mb broadband etc.  but it took over 1 minute for netflix to load last night, Amazon prime freezes all the time every 5 mins or so... I presume it's buffering, also on the back of all this YouTube froze my tv completely so I had to unplug it from the wall 

very disappointed with this tv so far 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Crooooooky :slight_smile:

I'd get in touch with the retailer (if it wasn't Sony) initially about this if a reset etc hasn't worked.

and you've only had it several days :wink: