Join now - be part of our community!

Freeview Player

profile.country.GB.title
gcac2828

Freeview Player

Sony Android 43XE8005. FreeView we prefer over YouView...but Catch-up ITV & All4 is not available for what ever reason...WHY ?.

Any feedback please.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
chdawes72

Because of some decision by some product manager somewhere ?

This thread might help you get to them without going through YV - depends on how technical you are: https://community.sony.at/t5/android-tv/how-to-get-out-of-youview/m-p/2480362/highlight/true#M29595

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@gcac2828 wrote:

Sony Android 43XE8005. FreeView we prefer over YouView...but Catch-up ITV & All4 is not available for what ever reason...WHY ?.

Any feedback please.

Because Sony never licensed these Apps for independent use on the Freeview side of things like it did the BBC iPlayer and Demand5 Apps, but instead relied on them coming with the YouView UI.

Blame Sony for this if you like, but don’t blame YouView.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
GWC2828
Explorer

Alreay have 2 Sony TV's for past number of years and quality has been good so decided to buy another Sony 43XE8005 4KUHD (Android).   I have given up with Sony support...Example I asked why we can't get all Freeview catch up channels and they returned email with a link for Youview so did not answer my question.

Tried Youview but you can't set a reminder to mark the USB for later viewing...Sorry but Sony have lost the plot which mean this is the last Sony I will buy.