Join now - be part of our community!

dn1080 is not in the list of supported receiver of XE90 TV

profile.country.GB.title
kouros.moabber
Explorer

dn1080 is not in the list of supported receiver of XE90 TV

Hi,

When I have connected my Receiver (dn1080) to 55XE90 TV and tried to change TV option for receiver from my TV, it said that dn1080 cannot be supported with this TV and displayed a list of supported receiver.

When does Sony have plan for fixing this problem and support dn1080 in XE90 series as well?

Kind Regards,

Kooros

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @kouros.moabber,

Sony does not have any plans to fix support for the STR-DN1080 by the XE90 series TV, because the STR-DN1080 is already supported by the XE90 series. The receiver is a fairly new receiver from 2017 which is not yet included in the list you mention. But the receiver is supported and does work fine with the XE90.

The issue you are having is most probably down to either:

• You have connected a laptop or PC using an HDMI or DVI-HDMI cable to the receiver which is interfering with the CEC handshake the TV tries to make with your receiver
  • You are using an outdated HDMI cable which is not certified as HDMI High Speed cable between the TV and the receiver and therefore the signal passing through the cable is being weakened by nearby devices with high electro-magnetic emissions

Please verify the above, then unplug both devices and reconnect their power to check again.

This is an example for a Premium Certified High Speed cable.

You also need to enable the ARC function on the receiver following these instructions.

Cheers,

Dutchice