Join now - be part of our community!

BBC iPlayer not working properly - new Bravia KD43XD8305

SOLVED
spater1975
Explorer

BBC iPlayer not working properly - new Bravia KD43XD8305

Just received my new Bravia KD43XD8305BU today.

Love it so far but only gripe is BBC iPlayer is not working properly: the App loads and I can browse through the latest content. However when I try to play content I get a spinning circle after which I get the following message:

"02001: Something went wrong loading this programme. This is usually a temporary problem. You can try this programme again or try a different programme"

All other Apps work fine including 5OD.

I have updated to the latest firmware (PKG6.0514.0001EUA), and also done a factory reset - to no avail.

I have seen other people on this forum suggesting to change the DSN server settings but I cannot find these settings in the Network Settings menu.

Any pointers appreciated

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
kevinayers
Explorer

The TV has been recently updated to the latest firmware.

I have noticed that BBC iplayer now takes a lot longer to load, 15-30 secs.. It was very quick before.

Is this due to the update or perhaps running  too many apps.

profile.country.GB.title
StudioTW

I am having this problem too on a brand new & up to date KD-55XD9305 (June 2018) - the BBC iPlayer app will open & show available content but when I select something to watch it simply goes to a spinnig wheel before I recieve a 02110 error code.

I have tried resetting to factory settings, resetting my router & changing my IP address from DHCP to static (which results in my internet connecting disappearing on the TV entirely).

Does anyone have any other solutions to this problem? Seems entirely unacceptable that Sony are aware of these major problems with their 'smart' TV's but have done nothing to address them.

profile.country.GB.title
FeelingOld
Explorer

I gave up using the Sony 'smartt tv' functionality. I obtained a Freeview box, and am happy with that.  None of the Sony apps worked correctly, including external HDD storage to record programs.... what a waste of money that was!!!!!

Sent from my tablet