Join now - be part of our community!

Audio communication link failed between TV&soundbase...

Wdp1234
Explorer

Audio communication link failed between TV&soundbase...

Hello,

please can you help me.

I have a Sony KDL-43W756C which is connected via the arc hdmi socket (with an hdmi lead) to a Sony HT-XT100 soundbase.

Now most of the time this setup works without issue i.e. just the soundbase comes on with the tv and is the only thing outputting sound.

However randomly the tv speakers will come on as well meaning which due to the sound delay between the two is uncomtable to listen to. This usually happens shortly after getting an error message which goes something like audio communication link has failed. Reselecting audio system for speakers won't take and instantly gives the same error.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening please? How do I fix it permantly ?

Thankyou

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Imwould try another HDMI cable, just to rule out a cable issue firstly.

Cheers

Wdp1234
Explorer

Ok I'll try that thankyou. Is there anyway to test that the problem has
been fixed or not?
Or is it just a waiting game now
Anonymous
Not applicable

More of a waiting game.  I occasionally have a hdmi issue with one of my non-sony devices (HDMI Handshake failure) - simplest fix for me is to switch power off from the wall and try again.  If it fails, try this

Wdp1234
Explorer

hello,

me again so same problem happened, desipiate swapping the hdmi cables using the sky hdmi cable instead of a technika one (got from Tesco). I didn't switch power off from the wall but i reset the tv.

Thing is I feel it will happen again. resetting / switching off at the wall seem to be short term fixes. 😞

Wdp1234
Explorer

Could the problem be down to the hdmi cables being to old i.e. might not support the 1.4 hdmi standard? Do i need 1.4 cables?

profile.country.GB.title
timealan
Explorer

I find a similar, but not identical issue with a KDL32W705B + same soundbase.

Most of the time the soundbase will switch on with the TV. Sometimes it doesn't and I have to manually switch it on....