Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime Video problem

profile.country.GB.title
Fisherman51
New

Amazon Prime Video problem

I have a Sony  KD49XE8005 tv and up until two days ago all was fine but when trying to watch Amazon Prime video I get an error message which says there is an internet connectivity problem. All other apps Netflix etc. work fine. On contacting Amazon they said that because I could watch Prime Video on my iPad it must be a Sony problem. I have tried all the suggestions from previous threads on this to no avail. Any suggestions gratefully received.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you try the following steps below - 

1. Restart your TV by holding the POWER button on the remote until it starts shutting off.

2. Check in the Google Play Store if there is an update pending for the Amazon Prime Video app. 

3. If you have both the latest version of the app and have restarted the TV but still can’t get it to work. Then proceed to empty the DATA and CACHE under SETTING > APPS > PRIME VIDEO. 

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.GB.title
Fisherman51
New

Sean,
Thank you for your email. I’ve tried all you suggested but to no avail. It
really is maddening.

Alistair
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi Fisherman51, 

Have you tried to check if the TV is up to date? You can check the latest version here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-android-xe80xx_x80xxe_xe83xx-series/kd-49xe8005/d...

Regards,

Vanilla_