Join now - be part of our community!

A1 Oled HDR picture modes

profile.country.GB.title
brett90
Explorer

A1 Oled HDR picture modes

Hi there, just a quick question regarding the A1 Oled.

I noticed whilst using Netflix the TV will report when it's In Dolby Vision mode. My question is should the TV report being in HDR mode in a similar way in the top right corner with other sources? I get no hdr mode feedback whilst using my PS4 pro with HDR games or the inbuilt YouTube app.

Thanks in advance

(update)

After fiddling around the TV does indeed show the HDR symbol whilst in the picture settings menu. I guess what I was expecting was a notification to pop up on the top right side when it detects it's hdr source. The notifications setting menu shows 'dolby vision's as the only available message.. it's a shame Sony didn't add a general HDR/hlg notification... 

Anyways all sort thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Yes. It will show the HDR badge in picture settings. The YouTube app still does not support HDR. So that's fine. As for the PS4, I have no clue. But when putting my Apple TV 4K into HDR mode, the HDR badge appears. Looks like the PS4 is not outputting HDR in your case.

profile.country.GB.title
brett90
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, that is odd then.. I will check back through the
settings for the PS4 pro?
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

The PS4 Youtube App does not support HDR, I don't think it even supports 4K on the Pro either does it? I have never got 4K or HDR working with the Youtube App on mine.