Join now - be part of our community!

tethering SLT A58 to an Imac

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BRUCEWANGPHOTOGRAPHY
New

tethering SLT A58 to an Imac

I have just bought a tether cable from Maplin (non Sony) cable.  I have downloaded Capture One Express on my Imac.

Although the imac recognises the SLT A58 is connected and can download images from the Camera memory card via cable. There is no icon on Capture One Express for instant camera capture. ie I can't capture images on Imac screen instantly via tether cable.

I am 64 years old and computer illiterate. But today I rang my Apple tech support and they went on my computer and could only find that the Mac recognised it was connected to the A58, but could not access Instant Capture. I was given Sony's etch support phone number but the number is no longer working. I wrote to Sony on etch suport site 7 hours ago and still ahve heard nothing.

The SLT A58 screen just says "connecting", with no %age or progress shown .

I have set the uSB controls on camera to PC Remote but still just "connecting'.

Do I HAVE to buy a Sony Tether Cable ? If so what is the part number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
BRUCEWANGPHOTOGRAPHY
New

Stupid me, no one told me to take the memory card out of the camera before
tethering, otherwise the computer doesn't know whether to read card or
camera !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi Bruce,

We're looking into this issue for you now, and we'll be back in touch with a response for you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
BRUCEWANGPHOTOGRAPHY
New

Stupid me, no one told me to take the memory card out of the camera before
tethering, otherwise the computer doesn't know whether to read card or
camera !
profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Glad to hear you've fixed the problem. Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
BRUCEWANGPHOTOGRAPHY
New

Dear Owen, I tried what you suggested for my A58 and it only worked once. But never mind, I've since bought an

A7 III and have the same tethering problem. I try Capture One and Sony Playmemories with the brand new cable that came with the A7 III and still it says "Camera cannot be detected".  Can you help ? Thanks Burce