Join now - be part of our community!

a7rii corrupt files

profile.country.GB.title
Normski4ash
Explorer

a7rii corrupt files

Hi, hope someone can help me here...

A7Rii probably about 12 months old, working perfect up to last couple of weeks... I took 139 photos the other day, when I tried to download to imac (running latest version of high sierra) I got to image 11 and it stopped, would not go any further. Finally got error 36 message. I tried Adobe bridge downloader (latest version) & just drag and drop, same thing got as far as image 11 and spit the dummy out... Emailed Sony and they said to use playmemories home to download files to imac. OK downloaded it, installed it, plugged card in to reader, set off downloading, got to image 11 & stopped (that cured it then, thanks Sony support) So whilst I am googling the problem it set off again downloading/transfering. 139 photos, 50 minutes laterit had finished, getting spurts of one every 2 seconds, then it would stop for 5 minutes then carry on...

However when I looked at the images there were only 128, so 11 of the files were corrupt, or so the imac told me when I tried to drag the 11 missing files...

I have tried three SD cards all different makes & sizes, all same problem, corrupt files... I also own an A7II, been out for a play with that today, 275 pictures (mostly of nothing just to test) and my girlfriend came with me loaded with a Canon 5d3, she also took a load of pics same as me... Both cameras SD cards put into imac reader, ALL files transfered to imac, using drag & drop, adobe bridge downloader & playmemories (which I have to say I don't like, it seems to take forever to load, spinning beach ball for 5 minutes, click the get files button, another beach ball spinning for 5 minutes)

I have also been in the loft, got the box for the camera and got the Sony specific usb lead to try, waste of a trip to the loft... no different...

So the A7RII is somehow corrupting some of the files it is writing to the card !!! Is there anyway I can reinstall the firmware (latest @ V4.0) it tells me when I try that the firmware I have got is up to date...

Run a Google search for error -36 for mac, appears there are a lot of people out there with this problem, but no answers... Seems all I can do is run play (very slow) memories, wait for a couple of hours and lose about 12 % of the images I take ! Not right good at a wedding shoot !!!

Any ideas or suggestions greatly received (Oh by the way I put the first sd card that corrupted in the A7II, formatted it and it worked perfectly, put it back in the A7RII & it failed, formatted it in the A7RII and it still failed) It has got to be a fault with the software in the Sony as far as I can work out,

Thnx,  Normski

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

I would recommend getting in touch with the support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc