Join now - be part of our community!

Deleting Videos on HDR-AS15 Action Cam

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ColinJB1963
Visitor

Deleting Videos on HDR-AS15 Action Cam

I have just bought an HDR-AS15 Action Cam and have tested some videos. Does anyone know how you delete the videos as (aside from reformatting the SD card) there is no guidance in the manual or online. Surely this is a basic function. Or do I have to take the card out of the camera and attach it to my PC directly? Why wouldnt this be obvious? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Since the cam does not have a screen the only way to do it is via a PC. It is the same with the majority of these sort of camera systems.

I was concerned about lack of memory but found that even 30 mins worth of footage constant (dark footage) came in at 3gb so the compression is quite good. Memory is actually quite well managed.

Hope that helps to clarify.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Since the cam does not have a screen the only way to do it is via a PC. It is the same with the majority of these sort of camera systems.

I was concerned about lack of memory but found that even 30 mins worth of footage constant (dark footage) came in at 3gb so the compression is quite good. Memory is actually quite well managed.

Hope that helps to clarify.

ColinJB1963
Visitor

Thanks. The problem is that when you connect it to the PC you dont have a delete option (except if you have uploaded any videos to your PC then of course you can delete those) and viewing the cam files doesnt allow you to view the actual video files - if you could then you could click and delete them. Am I missing something here? Thanks.

Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

It depends on which way you do it.

Im using using a PC on Windows 8. Bascially just done through My Computer and ensure you have Quicktime installed.

The file structure is quite simple.

Within the SD Card, the structure should go MP_ROOT > 100ANV01 (may change depending on amount of recordings) > Your videos

Within that, you will have the MP4 files and THM files. Quicktime files sadly do not have a thumbnail so you have to delete the files with short recording times, by time and date if you remember or preview them first. Personally I have a rough idea on time and date and just copy the ones I want and bin the rest.

profile.country.IT.title
ED_USER
Explorer

Now Sony has released AKALU1.CE and can view records on the screen. Why Sony does not have a delete function in the menu? Sony, can enter a delete function in the menu? Thank you in advance