Join now - be part of our community!

SONY Xperia 5 ii - 1 NEW UNREAD MESSAGE ICON WON'T GO AWAY

SOLVED
profile.country.FR.title
ChamBoy74
Explorer

SONY Xperia 5 ii - 1 NEW UNREAD MESSAGE ICON WON'T GO AWAY

Hi Everyone,

For the past week, I've been having "1" NEW UNREAD MESSAGE indicated on the SMS/Message Icon App, that won't go away. 

I've checked everywhere, I've got no new unread message. I restarted phone, marked all messages "as read" in the Messaging App, but nothing seems to clear this "1" new unread message on the SMS/Message Icon App...

FYI: I tried replying to an existing message thread, typing words in and then deleting it, this doesn't work. I also tried changing my default messaging app to Signal, then re-enabling default SMS App to "Message", this didn't work either. 

Can anyone help please providing a verified working solution?

Many thanks!

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hey. Did you tried my solution? I cleared data of Xperia Home and it solved the problem. But I had to rearrange app orders and widgets from the beginning. You can make screenshots in advance, if you want to remember your app orders.

Hope it will help.

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hello. Did you tried my solution? I cleared data of Xperia Home and it solved the problem. But I had to rearrange app orders and widgets from the beginning. You can make screenshots in advance, if you want to remember your app orders.

Hope it will help.

profile.country.GB.title
Ragga02
Explorer

Thanks but I do not want to do a factory reset.

A factory reset seems to be a common resolution to every phone issue which is more necessary to find an actual fix to the issue

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

But who mentioned a factory reset? I suggested to clear data of your 'Xperia Home'. Settings/Apps/Xperia Home/Storage & cache/Manage Space. 

That fixed it for me. That is why I suggested it to you. I just advised to take a screenshot of your screens, if you want to arrange positions of your apps and widgets the same way.

profile.country.GB.title
Ragga02
Explorer

Sorry for the late response

Yes this worked, thank you so much

profile.country.GE.title
Soso_M4

Hi,

No worries. I am glad that I was able to help. You are very welcome.

Best wishes :slight_smile: