Join now - be part of our community!

Poor wifi after Sony Xperia update 61.2.A.0.460

profile.country.GB.title
wynden
New

Poor wifi after Sony Xperia update 61.2.A.0.460

I'm currently living abroad and relying on wifi for international calls home. It's worked fine until now, but last night Sony pushed through software update 61.2.A.0.460 and today when I tried calling my mum I kept cutting out or having such a long delay that she thought she'd lost me. The wifi connection said "poor" and vacillated erratically between 2 and no bars, at which point it would switch over to data and lose signal.

I'm living in a household with other people so at the time I assumed there was just a lot of traffic slowing things down, but even in the middle of the night here I can't get a stable wifi connection on the phone. Ended up making the call with my laptop without any issue and realized it's just the phone.

Has anyone else encountered similar issues with this update? I've tried restarting the phone, resetting the modem, forgetting the wifi and reconnecting. Any other suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey wynden, what is the model number of your phone? 

Also, did you try restarting your phone in safe mode to test if it's an app that's causing the issue? 

The instructions can be found here: https://bit.ly/3ypyB1p