Join now - be part of our community!

Virgin TiVo box volume not working

profile.country.GB.title
lablair80
New

Virgin TiVo box volume not working

Good Morning, 

I’m desperately looking for some help.  My great Aunt is 90 years old, she has a Sony Bravo Tv and nearly a year ago she had her Virgin box changed to a TiVo box.  Since then she has never been able to use the volume controls on her TiVo remote.  This all worked fine before, and she’s now having to get up and down to change volume on tv every time it needs changed.  She’s had numerous new remotes and has spent hours on the phone to virgin trying to get this sorted with no resolve.  As I’m sure you can imagine at 90 she really shouldn’t have to keep doing this.  I think she’s entered over 20/30 different codes and still nothing working.  Virgin have been so unhelpful and said now she will just need to deal with it.  Her tv is her lifeline at the minute and as much as she is 90 she’s still very screwed on and determined but will not stop going on about it!!! I really feel for her and would really love to see if we can get this sorted for her.  Many thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Which TV model is your aunt using?

If it's a newer TV with Bluetooth remote then probably the TV remote of the TiVo box doesn't work.

In this case please adjust the volume with the TV remote.

However, here's the list of codes that I found in the TV manual:

0302, 0018, 0045, 0101, 0131, 0154, 0177, 0211, 0301, 0357, 0358, 0609, 0785

In principle any of them should work with a Sony TV.

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
lablair80
New

Hi Peter

Many thanks for your prompt response.

It’s an older Sony Bravo I think it’s about 6 years old. I’ll get the actual model confirmed today and get back to you.

Will give those codes a try.

Many thanks

Laura
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Laura,

if it's an older model it should work with general infrared remotes.

In this case it should be possible to control the volume with the TiVo remote.

However, if none of these codes are working (which they should) a programmable remote might be the solution for your aunt. This would allow you to learn the codes from both remotes in one single remote.

Cheers

Peter